Monday, November 9, 2009

Jurors Hear Phone Calls In Jewish Federation Shooter Trial

In his own words.  Muslim Jihadi states his desire to be a Muslim martyr.  Another Muslim immigrant brings his "religion" and desire to impose Sharia on Western society.  And now, he is playing the "I'm crazy" card. Crazy like a fox.

FROM KIROTV.COM:

Jurors Hear Phone Calls In Jewish Federation Shooter Trial
Posted: 5:53 pm PST November 4, 2009Updated: 9:48 am PST November 5, 2009

SEATTLE -- As the second trial of Jewish Federation shooter Naveed Haq continued, jurors heard Haq describe the violent rampage in a series of phone calls.
In court Wednesday, jurors listened to 10 different recorded calls Haq made from jail to his parents in the Tri-cities in the days after the shootings.
During the calls, Haq bragged of being a celebrity and said he was motivated by a desire to be a Muslim martyr, something that seemed to surprise his parents.

Mother: I'm just afraid to tell you, you are not feeling well -- your mind.
Haq: No, I'm not, I'm a Jihad, OK.

Mother: No you are not.
Haq: Yes I am. That's the path I've chosen.

Mother: Huh? No, you did not. That's your mind talking.
Haq: That's what I'm telling you. I did this for a reason. I wanted to be a martyr. I wanted to die on the battlefield.
In another excerpt, Haq seemed to have no remorse.

Mother: Everyone's feeling sorry for that poor woman, she died.
Haq: They deserved it though. She was an Israeli collaborator.

Mother: She was a good woman.
Haq: I don't know about that.
In later phone call, Haq blamed a change in his medication for his anger and irritability before the shootings, and told his mother he wanted to stop taking the drugs for his bipolar and schizo-affective disorders.
Haq: I just want to stop taking it, I'm tired.

Mother: No, no, that's not good, you need to take it.
Haq: I kind of like hallucinating anyway, it's kind of fun.

Mother: No, it's not fun. Why are you talking to me like that?
Haq: I have nothing else to do, so I might as well hallucinate.
The calls played in court were all recorded in the month after the July 2006 shootings in which Haq, armed with several weapons, forced his way into the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle and started firing.

He shot and injured 5 women, killing a sixth, Pam Waechter.

Haq admits the shootings. His lawyers say he suffers from schizo-affective disorder and was legally insane at the time.
Some of Haq's victims wept in the courtroom as the recordings were played.
Prosecutors say they'll prove Haq knew right from wrong at the time of the shootings. Defense attorneys hope they will prove Haq was not in his right mind.